2. The Jeshua son of Jehozadak with his fellow priests and Zerubbababel son of Shealtiel with his family began to rebuild the altar of the God of Israel so they could sacrifice burnt offerings on it, as instructed in the law of Moses, the man of God.
3. Even though the people were afraid of the local residents, they rebuilt the altar at its old site. Then they immediately began to sacrifice burnt offerings on the altar to the lord. They did this each morning and evening.
An altar is a place of prayer and sacrifice, a place of contact, a place to draw spiritual strength, a place of worship and fellowship, a place of direction and guidance, a place of refuge and a gateway into the spiritual realm.
Anybody that is going to function in dominion must function from an altar, how can you command change and see results when there is no force that backs your word with power? God himself rules the world from an altar ,the throne of God is an altar (called the mercy seat) .
When Elijah called down fire to consume the sacrifice in 1 kings 18 there was an automatic response from heaven because he had an altar burning continuously with sacrifice of prayers (altar that carries fire). The level of authority you command in the spiritual realm is determined by the kind of altar you operate from. it is either a dead altar or an active altar. Some believers have lost the fire burning on their altar because of activities while many have no altar at all. Whatever quenches your altar quenches your taste.
When your altar burns, you are ever conscious of Gods presence ,Your voice becomes the voice of God on the earth. Continuous fellowship on your altar will build a deeper relationship with the holy spirit and produce strange acts and works through your life that will cause men to marvel.
Therefore let us take advantage of the month January to lay a new foundation and rebuild our altars just like the people did in Ezra 3 .it is a time to rebuild the damaged altar, it is a time to get yourself back on the altar of prayers because without it , there is no access into the heavenlies. The altar is the landing place of the glory of God , so if we must operate in God’s glory this year we must go back to our altar of prayers.
– Lord I repent of the sin of a prayerless life
– Lord set my altar ablaze for you
– Father grant me the grace to operate in 2018 from the altar Of prayers